Phil Reddall - Why you're curating learning content
18th October 2016
Phil Reddall is Vice Chair of the Elearning Network and Learning Innovation Manager for a global specialist chemical company, he offers his experience and advice on curation of learning content for L&D professionals.
The focus of this episode is curation of learning content, how it works, whether it's continuing, it's advantages and some practical tips on how to implement it into your strategy.
The questions and their times are provided so you can skip back and forth to learn more on a specific subject:
- 00:35 - Back in 2014 you wrote about a shift in L&D from creating learning to include curation of learning, have you seen that trend continue?
- 01:42 - Have you seen any new technologies or techniques emerge that have helped L&D in their curation of learning?
- 04:35 - What barriers have you seen to organisations making curated content available?
- 08:47 - Is there a process you go through to decide which pieces of content are presented to learners?
- 13:29 - Can you share an example of effective use of learning content curation that you've seen?
- 18:30 - Is there a risk that L&D move too far towards curated material and forget about creating learning content?
- 21:08 - What's the first step towards making curated content available to your learners?
Ways to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast:
Subscribe in iTunes to listen to the Sponge elearning podcast to get the latest episodes automatically - you can stream the audio directly to your computer or mobile device.