EU GDPR Level 1 - Off The Shelf Elearning Courses
Train all the employees who handle, process and are in charge of storage of EU citizens' personal data with our EU GDPR online training.
Proper GDPR training can mitigate serious risks, especially when it comes to potential financial consequences - non-compliance can cost a company up to 20 million Euros in fines.
EU GDPR – or European Union General Data Protection Regulation – came into force on May 25, 2018. It mandates a baseline set of standards for companies that handle EU citizens’ data to safeguard the processing and movement of personal data. Any company that markets goods or services to EU residents, regardless of its location, is subject to the regulation, and a breach of regulation can cost companies up to 4% of the company’s global annual revenue.
It is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that all their employees understand what the legislation is, the rights it gives individuals, and the responsibilities they have to ensure data is properly stored, processed and protected. The GDPR elearning course for employees raises awareness for all staff and enables employees to handle personal or sensitive data in compliance with EU GDPR.
At Sponge, we have created the EU GDPR Level 1 Elearning Course with real-world examples to enable better engagement with the material on the EU GDPR changes and increase knowledge retention rates. For a more in-depth module aimed at managers and other senior staff, please refer to our EU GDPR Advanced Awareness Elearning Module - both modules constitute a comprehensive GDPR compliance elearning.
Fully online and interactive, available 24/7 on any device and with no time limits, thanks to our state-of-the-art LMS. Complete with an assessment at the end, a certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the elearning module.
- What is EU GDPR? / Why is EU GDPR so important?
- Personal & Sensitive Data
- EU GDPR Keywords
- What does EU GDPR include (Overview)
- Preferences & Consents / Limited Use of Data
- The Rights of a Data Subject
- Security / Child Data
- Applying EU GDPR Principles
- Understand what they need to do when handling personal or sensitive data to comply with EU GDPR changes and the importance of doing so
- Have the knowledge needed to process or handle data in compliance with EU GDPR
- Know when to ask supervisors for appropriate data privacy policies, e.g. data retention policy
- Answer customer or employee queries in relation to data privacy
View all of our off the shelf Cyber Security courses.