Fire Safety - Off The Shelf Elearning Courses
It is a legal requirement that all employees undergo a basic fire safety training, and it is an employer’s responsibility to ensure staff are aware of how to act in the event of a fire. This includes providing employees with proper training on fire safety in the workplace.
After carrying a fire risk assessment, employers need to ensure that adequate and appropriate safety measures are in place to minimise the risk of injury or loss of life in the event of a fire. The Fire Safety training will enable the user to act appropriately and safely in the prevention of fires and in the event of a fire in the workplace.
At Sponge, we have created the Fire Safety elearning Course, suitable for anyone in a low-risk environment. The course will enable the user to recognise potential fire hazards in an office setting, different types of fires and appropriate fire extinguishers. For the designated Fire Warden personnel, specific online training would need to be taken, and Sponge also provides that module.
Fully online and interactive, available 24/7 on any device, with no time limits, thanks to Sponge state-of-the-art LMS. It has an assessment at the end of the course and a certificate can be downloaded upon successful completion of the course. This elearning course has been approved by RoSPA.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations 2002
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Employer and employee responsibilities in relation to fire safety
- The fire triangle and common fire risks
- General fire procedures
- Types of fire and fire extinguisher
- Awareness of how fire extinguishers can be used
- Understand their responsibilities in relation to fire safety
- Recognise how fires start and how to minimise common fire risks
- Understand what to do in the event of a fire and what further workplace specific information they should be provided within their workplace
- Recognise the different types of fire and extinguisher
- Be aware of how different fire extinguishers can be used
View all of our off the shelf Health and Safety courses.