The 2018 eyeforpharma Barcelona Conference on 13-15 March will be addressing the key issues that are facing the industry today and those that are set to impact pharma in the years ahead.
The event – the world’s largest gathering for pharma executives – is an opportunity for people in the industry to network and share insights. This year’s 16th annual event boasts 1,300 senior level attendees, 38 pharma case studies, 20 interactive workshops, 23 patient speakers and a range of patient-led sessions. It promises “unrivalled expertise, patient insights and real-world data”.
This year’s slogan is ‘Where Pharma Becomes the Solution’. Many of the themes are around innovation and technology such as AI and machine learning – and putting patient outcomes first.
The themes at this year’s conference will be inviting you to:
- Disrupt the traditional model to guarantee a place in tomorrow’s world
- Build capabilities, talent and organisational readiness from within
- Unite together with a shared vision for improved patient support
- Discover how AI and ML are making genuine healthcare breakthroughs
- Accelerate innovation by addressing patient and company challenges
- Revolutionise customer experience using digital tools and new technology
- Define value with support from medical affairs and real-world evidence
1. Panel: Pharma’s future leadership - Why diversity is shaping the future of our industry (Day 1, 17:45-18:25, Purple Room).
The panel consists of Lisa Huse, General Manager, Spain, at Roche Diabetes Care; Christi Shaw, President and SVP at Lilly Bio Medicines; and Nolan Townsend, Regional President, International Developed Markets at Pfizer. Moderator is Laurie Cooke, CEO at HBA. The panel will be discussing the qualities required to take pharma companies forward in tomorrow’s environment and will share examples of how leadership from women and ethnic minorities has created real advantage across pharma and other industries. They’ll also be outlining how the new qualities required for high-performance leadership are affecting the way companies nurture talent for the long-term.
2. Paradigm shift: From selling drugs to bringing solutions to patients - Bahija Jallal, EVP & Head Medimmune, AstraZeneca (Day 3, 09:30-09.55).
Bahija Jallal is responsible for biologics research and development activities at Medimmune, AstraZeneca. She is also President of the Board of Directors of the Association for Women in Science in the US. She continues the conference theme in her keynote speech, which puts the emphasis of patients’ needs.
3. Interactive workshop: Disrupting the launch mindset with inspired digital learning – Kate Pasterield, Head of Innovation, Sponge (Day 2, 12:10-13.15).
Join Sponge’s award-winning Head of Innovation, Kate Pasterfield, as she demonstrates how to overhaul traditional launch thinking by putting people at the heart of the experience. Discover how, with digital learning, you can flip the emphasis from content-push to need-pull. Learn how to instil empathy in sales teams and explore how new technologies can help tailor your messages for internal and external audiences. You will also find out how continuous learning at the point of need is the key to upskilling staff and embedding product knowledge. This is an interactive workshop – so be prepared to get involved! Kate is a gold winner of Learning Designer of the Year at the Learning Technologies Awards. Her focus on user-experience and her ability to get to the heart of clients’ business requirements is achieving measurable results for a wide range of global clients.“Change is endemic, and nowhere is the need more urgent or apparent than in pharma." Christi Shaw President Lilly Bio-Medicines
4. In constant pursuit of ‘better’: How Google is utilising AI to make genuine healthcare breakthroughs - Ryan Olohan, Managing Director Healthcare, Google (Day 2, 09:00-09:30, Blue Room)
As the Managing Director for Healthcare at Google, Ryan Olohan leads the teams responsible for developing and managing Google's relationships with pharmaceutical and consumer health companies. Ryan and his teams partner with the largest companies in the world to leverage Google's consumer platforms while connecting the vast health resources and innovation at Google in an effort to push the industry forward.
5. Roundtables: Going beyond the pill: Creating value throughout the patient experience (Day 2, Red Room, 16:50-17:20)
Industry leaders, health managers and patient advocates join together for a not-to-be-missed roundtable discussion on the conference’s big theme. The 11 around the table include a hospital medical director, the clinical research unit manager at Barcelona Children’s Hospital and senior managers of major pharma organisations.
Be prepared to embrace change!
The 3-days of eyeforpharma Barcelona are packed with speeches and sessions that will challenge perceptions and invite attendees to look for new ways of doing things. In the brochure’s welcoming address, Christi Shaw, President of Lilly Bio-Medicines, says it’s time for pharma to fulfil its full potential – and time to think differently: “Change is endemic, and nowhere is the need more urgent or apparent than in pharma. ‘Winning for patients’ isn’t just a mantra; it must be our true mission.”